Bangladesh has become a leading destination for MBBS aspirants from all over the globe. The infrastructure along with the entire education system has undergone a massive change which has allowed the institutions in the country to up their game and finally get global recognition.
For the Indian MBBS students, studying in Bangladesh comes with numerous advantages. Apart from the similar weather conditions and cost of living, Bangladesh shares quite the resemblance with its neighbour.
The Indian students who visit the country to complete their MBBS degree have to meet certain parameters according to the set eligibility criteria by the medical council of Bangladesh. Though individual institutions have their own criteria imposed on the students, there are several general factors that need consideration to apply at all.
For the academic year of 2019-20, the application process is commencing from July 2019. The classes will begin from January 2020.
For further information, please call 1800 123 1866.
The eligibility criteria for 2020 academic year as set by the Bangladesh Dental and Medical Council are as follows:
- You need to qualify an examination like HS/’A’ level or any equivalent exam to become eligible for MBBS admission.
- You should not have passed the Class 10th/ SSC/ ‘O’ level examination before 2017.
- You should not have passed pass 12th/ HSC/ “O” Level examination before 2019.
- The minimum aggregate GPA that you have to secure in Class 10th/ SSC/ ‘O’ level or equivalent examination is 7.
- THE minimum GPA in SSC or any equivalent examination and HSC or equivalent examination is 3.5.
- The minimum GP that you need to secure in Biology of 12th level is 3.5.
- To calculate the GPA against the marks obtained in SSC/ ‘O’ level examination or any equivalent examination, the top 5 marks in the subjects are calculated. Hence the GPA in ‘O’ level is calculated as Total marks in all top 5 subjects/ 5.
- To calculate the GPA against the marks obtained in HSC/ ‘A’ level examination or any equivalent examination, the top 3 marks in the subjects (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) are calculated. Hence the GPA in ‘A’ level is calculated as Total marks in all top 3 subjects/ 3.
- You cannot have more than 1-year gap after 12th. This means that you should complete your 12th examination in 2019 o after that.
- It is compulsory to qualify NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) to study MBBS in Bangladesh.
Please note: The application form for admission in the colleges of Bangladesh will be available from September. Interested students can contact PiceEducare for more information.
Other than these general parameters, a student is required to possess certain documents, which can be summarized as:
- A valid passport
- A birth certificate
- A bank account (either individual or joined with the parents)
TOP 5 ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING MBBS IN BANGLADESH
More and more Indian students are opting for joining MBBS courses in different medical universities of Bangladesh. Unlike in past when students in India tried to get admission in different medical universities of the country, they are now exploring the options of enrollment in foreign universities as well. Many study abroad counsellors are offering diverse services to simplify the process of admission, acquiring student visa and accommodation in foreign countries.
Bangladesh being a friendly neighbour of India, students prefer to get admission in medical universities. Below-mentioned are top 5 reasons of studying MBBS in the universities of Bangladesh:
- MCI Recognition: One can practice in India after obtaining a MBBS degree in a foreign country only if the Medical Council of India or MCI has recognised the degree from that particular university. Fortunately, most of the medical universities in Bangladesh have been recognised by MCI. However, before enrolling in a medical university in Bangladesh, Indian students must ensure that it has been granted an MCI recognition. MBBS degree owners could start practicing in India after clearing a screening test arranged by MCI.
- Familiar Medium of Instruction: One of the biggest advantages of studying MBBS from a university in Bangladesh is that the entire syllabus is taught in English. Thus, even if Indian students have no knowledge of the local language- Bengali- they can easily follow the classes.
- Course Fees of MBBS: We all know that the expense of higher-studies is extremely high in India. Compared to the fees amount of medical colleges in India, it is more affordable in Bangladesh. In addition, one can pay the fees based on a one-time or multiple installments as per the discretion of the university. So, the fees structure is more flexible here in Bangladesh.
- Excellent and Similar Exposure to Clinical Diagnosis: A perfect training in medical science is completed only when the student gets an exposure to treat varied types of diseases. Bangladesh medical colleges are affiliated with hospitals where Indian students get enough exposure to treat patients suffering from various types of diseases.
- Good Quality of Food, Means of Transport and Accommodation Facilities: Bangladesh is well-connected with India via railways, roads, air and waterways. It is very easy to reach here and visit India during holidays or some emergency.
The accommodation fees in Bangladesh is lower compared to Indian universities. Their quality is good as well.
The Indian students who want to study MBBS in Bangladesh can get in touch with the counsellors for overseas education in India to gather the entire knowledge about steps and processes. Their services are invaluable for a hassle-free experience of higher-education in a foreign country.
Being a tropical country like India, the diseases encountered in Bangladesh are more or less similar. The structured training facilities available in the Bangladesh hospitals are of highest quality where highly qualified medical professionals teach and train students.
You will need three copies of the application form that you need to fill along with the below-listed documents.
- You need to carry a copy of your passport.
- You need to submit 6 recent passport-sized photographs to the ministry of Foreign affairs within the month of December-January 2020-21.
- You need the attested copy of all the documents by the Education Ministry of India.
- You all need to authenticate the documents by the Bangladesh Mission Abroad by submitting them to the Embassy.
- You will need to show all the original documents including academic mark sheets, certificates, identity proof, etc. at the time of admission.
- 10th level/O level/ SSC level mark sheets and certificates
- 12th level/A level/ HSC level mark sheets and certificates
- Birth certificate
For more information or any help please Call or WhatsApp our MBBS admission help desk: +91-9932-625-163.